1) Instructions for sonography patients
- Nill by mouth for Atleast 3-5 hours for abdominal sonogram.
- Plenty of water with bladder distension for pelvic /Abdomino-pelvic sonogram-sensation of voiding.
- No special precautions required for any other sonography excluding abdomen .
પેટની સોનોગ્રાફી માટે બે થી ત્રણ કલાક ભૂખ્યા પેટે પેશાબ રોકીને આવવું.
2) Instructions for MRI patients
- MRI is contraindicated in patients with ferromagnetic body implants like – pacemaker , stents, hearing aids , orthopedic impants -.
- It is mandatory to inform referring physician, diagnostic centre for the same.
- Patients who require sedation – unconscious – altered sensorium/ small children / claustophobic / uncoperative should be nil by mouth for at least 4 hours .
3) Instructions for CT patients
- Any history of allergy / drug reactions to be informed
- Nil by mouth for 2 hours for patients who require contrast studies.
- Renal function tests – S.creatinine report is required for contrast studies.
- Nil by mouth for 4 hours for patients requiring sedation .
- Pregnant females to inform referring doctor & center .
4) Instructions for interventional procedures
- Strict four hours nil by mouth .
- Blood reports like –PT/INR –or as per instructions .
- Prior appointment with the center is mandatory.
5) Pregnant Females to inform the Centre before any investigation